This article is for those who want to start a blog but don’t know where to start and how to start and always thinking How to Start Blogging?…
By blogging, you can share your knowledge with the online community and can get connected with the people with the same taste. There may be other reasons to start a blog like-
– If you have an interest in writing or if writing is your hobby
– To stay connected with other peoples
– You can make yourself or launch a Brand
– To get some publicity over the internet
– To help others.
Now you have some reason to start the blog, But you may still be thinking about blogging benefits. So here are some of the benefits of blogging.
– You will get more insights about your passion.
– You will be more confident.
– Money Freedom.
– Time Freedom.
And many other benefits when you will be a blogger.
A view of Blogging Facts-
– Over 6.5 million people across the globe blog on blogging sites.
– Around 75% of internet users read blogs.
– Around 12 million people do a blog on social networking platforms like Twitter, Linkedin, Tumblr, Facebook, etc.
– Surveys reveal that people spend around 23% of internet time on blogs and social networking.
– Around 53% of bloggers from across the globe are between the ages group of 21 – 35.
Now let’s start the Journey of your question about How to Start Blogging.
To start a blog you need a domain and hosting, a cms platform, some templates or themes, and some Traffic generation Ideas.
The whole process can be divided into 5 parts
1. Registration – Step 1 for How to Start Blog
Domain and Social Account Registration.
For domain and hosting – Bluehost
Social Media- Facebook Twitter, Instagram, etc.
2. WordPress Management – Step 2 for How to Start Blogging
3. Writing – Step 3 for How to Start Blogging
Content – Write some decent Blog posts
4. Traffic – Step 4 for How to Start Blogging
SEO – Traffic from Search Engine like Yahoo, Google, Bing, etc
Social Media – Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc
and some other methods
5. Getting Output – Step 5 for How to Start Blogging
Make some $$$
Now let us start with Detail-
- How To Start A Successful Fashion Blog In 2020 and Make Money
- How To Start A Tasty Food Blog: A Step by Step Guide for Food Blogger
- How To Start A Successful Beauty Blog In 2020 Step By Step!
To start a blog you need a domain. A Domain is sometimes also referred to as the website name, like Google.com or Facebook.com. We all know about these big players. So these are the domain names. To finalize your domain, first of all, make a list of your 1 )interests, hobbies or if you have any 2)work experience and 3) remind if you are a niche customer. You can also check my list of blog topics to start a new blog. Now think for blog related to your category. Before registering your domain remember these things.
– Your site blog should be easy to remember and easy to pronounce.
– I suggest you go for a .com domain.
– Try to make it shorter.
– Do not use numbers or hyphens.
If you are out of ideas, Here is the tool you can use for the blog name suggestion tool.
Now the 2nd step is to choose hosting space.
For new bloggers, I recommend Bluehost because It’s affordable. You’ll pay just a few bucks per month, and they’ll even give you a free domain name.
It’s easy to use. They make it super easy to install WordPress and give you a custom dashboard that’s really convenient.
Hosting is a web space where all of your website/blog files will reside. I prefer to use Linux Hosting. I am suggesting it because, Linux is an open-source operating system, which means it’s free to use. Most web hosting companies prefer Linux because it helps keep the cost down. Another major benefit of hosting with Linux is the compatibility it has with other operating systems and software.
I suggest you go for Bluehost, it offers many features which you will not get from other hosting companies.
Here a quick view of Bluehost features-
– FREE Domain Name for 1st Year
– Free SSL
– Unlimited bandwidth
– Unlimited storage
– Free domain (Saving of $12/year)
– Easy to use cPanel.
– 24/7 Support
– 30 days money-back guarantee
– 1-Click WordPress Install
And Most Important it starts as low as 2.95/month.
NOTE: I believe in transparency. And want to let you know that if you sign up with Bluehost using my referral link, I will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you (in fact, you will save money and also get a free domain). I would get this commission for recommending just about any WordPress hosting company, but we only recommend those products which I believe will add value to my readers.
Now let’s do it Live
When it will be opened, click on the “Get started now” button.
- Fascinating Blog Post Ideas for All Blog Niches
- Important Things You Should Know Before Starting a New Blog
- Easy Methods to Find New and Interesting Blog Topics
- Most Profitable And Easy To Scale Top 10 Blogging Niches in 2020
- How To Create Unique And Original High Quality Content For Your Blog?
- How to Monetize A Blog- 12 Success Ways to Make Money with Blogging
Now Select the Basic plan if you want to start one blog or Plus plan if you want to start more than one blog. It is always your choice, which one to choose.
On the next page, you can claim and register your free domain. [ I hope you have a name in mind, as I suggested in 1st step.] If you are yet not ready with your blog name, you can click on Choose later.
On the next page, it will ask for your contact information. Fill it there also, pay special attention to package extras, you can skip if you do not need them, just uncheck them.
Domain Privacy Protection – You can check this if you want to keep your contact information hidden.
Under the payment information, you can pay via credit/debit card or if you want to pay via PayPal, you can click on More payment options. I am sorry this is what you have to do.
After making the payment, Bluehost will create a blog in the next few minutes, 10-20 minutes. This will be done automatically and saves a lot of hassles for beginners who just want a ready-made blog. oh, don’t expect some decent designs.
In the meantime, I suggest you head over to social media sites and register your accounts there and book your exact name there [ as per your blog name]. Before any other grab it. You can also use other names there, but if you will get the same one it will make credibility and will strengthen your identity. Examples- facebook.com/google, twitter.com/google.
Congratulations, you own all of your required accounts and the registration process is complete.
2. WordPress Management
Till now your blog should also be ready to land on. Or you can install the WordPress manually. Follow this link for a complete guide about how to install WordPress on Bluehost.
- 8 Best WordPress Security Plugins to Secure Your WordPress Site
- WordPress Dashboard Overview For New Bloggers In 2020
- WordPress.com vs WordPress.org which one is better? Fully Explained!
- How to Use Contact Form 7 in WordPress
- How to Install WordPress on Bluehost
- Contact Form 7 Basic Things you Should Know
WordPress admin dashboard can be accessed by adding wp-admin or wp-login.php at the end of the blog address like – https://apanwar.com is the blog link so I will write https://apanwar.com/wp-admin/ or https://apanwar.com/wp-login.php to access the admin area. You will get the username and password through E-mail from Bluehost or you can also access the WordPress dashboard from Bluehost panel.
Now you should install some plugins there.
WordPress Security – To make your WordPress blog secure from bad guys.
WordPress SEO – To make your blog SEO friendly.
Blog sharing – To share your blog on social sites.
Analytics – To see who visits your blog and which blog posts they see on your blog. See the most used top 5 google analytics plugins for WordPress.
Contact – To make contact section on your blog. Contact form 7 is best and easy to use.
and others as per extra needs.
A blog is nothing if it doesn’t have a good theme. the theme will decide its look and layout, which is seen to visitors. To make your blog look better you should use a good theme. If you will choose a better theme with search engine optimization features for blogging it can help you with ctr, blog loading speed mobile look, etc.
Divi – You do not need any special knowledge to use this theme. Any newbie can use it. With Divi you can make elegant and beautiful blog posts and designs and You also do not need any designing skills. Divi supports Builder, Layout, Modules, customizer, multilingual and also child theme.
Genesis – Genesis is the base of any smart WordPress design. It is search engine optimized and in addition, Genesis also supports Schema.org code, which allows you to output microdata in your site’s code. Learn more here about the genesis theme.
I found these both themes Genesis and Divi user-friendly super easy to use and most important SEO friendly.
3. Writing Blog Post
Now its time to show your skills. Collect some fresh ideas about your subject, write blog post and publish it on your blog. Check my guide to find a long-tail keyword for better targetting. Try to make a long article, make it at least 500 words or you can go for 1000+ words. Here is a blog post to write an error-free blog post. Add some images, videos to make it more engaging.
As a blogger, you should add 2 more pages to your blog,
Use this page to introduce yourself and write something about you
This is the page by using which your readers can contact you. Place a contact form there with email, name and text fields. You can use the most widely used Contact Form 7 Plugin there.
4. Get Blog Traffic
- How to Get More and Free Social Media Traffic to Your Blog
- 32 Ultimate Proven Methods to Increase Your Blog Traffic
i) Search Engine
Optimize your site and make it SEO friendly so it can be ranked on search engines. You can get unlimited traffic from Search engines, like Bing, Google, Yahoo. You should Focus on On-Page SEO, and give attention to Keywords in your Article, Article Title, Post URL and meta tags.
ii) Social Media
Share your blog post on social sites. Use your social accounts which you created in the 1st step and share the blogs as you publish them.
You can also get traffic by Leaving Comments on other’s blogs. By commenting you will get the targetted visitors for your blog with the same niche.
iv) Guest Posts
You can also write guest posts for other blogs and can put your blog link in the articles. By doing guest post you will get backlink benefit as well as some traffic.
For more here is my list of top 32 methods to increase website traffic. It will definitely help you to grow your website visitors.
5. Getting Output ( Making Some $$$ )
Till now everything is done and you also get some traffic. So you will be thinking about where is the money.
Now its time to harvest $$$.
Unfortunately, most of the bloggers give up, because they are blogging and adding content to their blogs, but not getting any money.
I suggest you have some patience. It takes time to make money. You can also earn quicker with planning, hard work and moving in the right direction.
There are many ways to monetize a blog, some of them are as follows
– Per Click Advertising, Adsense is most popular for PPC
– Text Link Ads
– Affiliate Marketing
– Create and Sell your own product
– Teaching Programs
– Membership Sites
– Selling Services (Hire Me)
– Email Marketing etc.